The Library of Achievers College of Commerce & Management Kalyan College was established in 2013-2014 with the vision of Dr. S. R. Ranganathan’s five golden rules. The Library which started with an initial collection of 100 Books. During its starting days the Library was located in the main building of the college with a limited collection of books. It was shifted to its new building in the year 2018. Today Library has more than 6000 books.The Library has automated with SOUL 2.0 Software developed by INFLIBNET Gandhi Nagar with WEBOPAC facility.
- ⦁ To make student and teaching staff aware of information literacy through library.
- ⦁ To encourage wide reading habits through easy accessibility of reading materials, orientation, displays and exhibitions.
- ⦁ To assist and guide the student community with appropriate information that could lead them for the attainment or fulfillment of their goals.
- ⦁ To provide information resources necessary for research in the fields of interest of the academic staff.
- ⦁ To participate effectively in the college instructional programmed and assist the college in the achievement of the general educational objectives.
Father of Library Science in India
Padmashree Dr. S.R. Ranganathan
Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan (S.R.R.)12 August 1892 – 27 September 1972) was a mathematician and librarian from India. His most notable contributions to the field were his five laws of library science and the development of the first major faceted classification system, the colon classification. He is considered to be the father of library science, documentation, and information science in India and is widely known throughout the rest of the world for his fundamental thinking in the field. His birthday is observed every year as the National Librarian's Day in India.
Five Laws of Library Science
Open Access Online Databases
Defence Competitive Exams